Through the Model 202 payments are made on account of Corporation Tax and Non-Resident Income Tax (permanent establishments and entities under the system of attribution of income established abroad with presence in Spanish territory).
Who is obliged to submit the Model 202?
It obliges the entities that declare their income in the Corporation tax y:
- To entities whose volume of operations has exceeded the amount of 6.010.121,04 euros per year in the previous year, regardless of whether they have obtained a benefit or not.
- To entities that do not reach this figure, but whose share of the last tax presented is positive.
When is the Model 202?
- First payment: from 1 to 20 for April
- Second payment: from 1 to 20 for October
- Third payment: from 1 to 20 in December.
How is the Model 202?
The 202 Model is presented exclusively telematically.
How is the Model 202?
There are two modalities or split payment regimes:
1ª- General Regime established in article 40.2 of the Corporation Tax Law:
The basis for the calculation is the full amount of the last Corporation Tax presented to which the deductions for double taxation, the bonuses and withholdings and the corresponding account receipts are subtracted.
On the resulting base the 18% is applied to obtain the amount to be entered.
The basis that must be used for the calculation is that of the last closed tax period, therefore, if the fiscal year of the company coincides with the calendar year:
- For the payment on account in April, the full amount of the Corporation Tax presented during the previous year is taken into account.
- For payments on account in October and December, the full amount of the Corporation tax presented in the same year is taken into account.
2ª- Obligatory Regime for large companies established in article 40.3 of the Corporation Tax Law:
It is calculated on the tax base of the 3, 9 and 11 first months of the calendar year.
The amount of the fractioned payment will be the result of applying to the base the percentage that results from multiplying by 5 / 7 the tax rate rounded by default. From the resulting quota will be deducted the bonuses, withholdings and income on account, and the fractioned payments corresponding to the tax period.
- The first payment on account is calculated on the basis of the result of the first quarter of the current year.
- The second payment on account is calculated on the basis of the result to September 30.
- The third payment on account is calculated on the basis of the result to November 30.
What Regime or Mode of Payment on Account should be used?
In the usual practice, the first modality is the most chosen by default, but the second modality can be chosen voluntarily based on the results that can be predicted during the year, communicating it in the month of February of the calendar year in which I want the effect to emerge.
The second method is mandatory for entities that exceed 6.010.121,04 volume of operations in the previous year and for those that benefit from the special tax regime established in chapter XVI of title VII of the LIS (taxation regime of shipping companies in function of tonnage).
About the Author: